著者: Haines Brown
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] [hellekin@dyne.org: Re: Missing packages]
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 04:54:44PM +0000, hellekin wrote:
> On 04/29/2016 04:24 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> >
> > Thank you. That solved the problem. I put this line into
> > sources.list:
> >
> > deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie non-free contrib
> >
> This is wrong. You're using Debian repository directly: you're on
> your own. You should use http://packages.devuan.org/merged/ for
> Devuan sources. Not anything else.

Let me see if I understand you correctly. the package firmware-iwlwifi
is not open software, and so is not available from the devuan package
archive. So

a) The sources.list line
deb http://packages.devuan.org/merged jessie main non-free contrib
should not have non-free appended because devuan does not support
non-free packages.

b) The only way to get firmware-iwlwifi, an essential package I cannot
do without, is to get it as I did from the Debian mirror, but I'm
"on my own" because Devuan does not support it.

c) The same for task-mail-server, which apparently has some non-free
drivers. Is this why it is absent? I had to install the obvious
applications such as exim4, procmail, mutt, spamassassin,
individually.

Haines Brown