:: Re: [DNG] chroot sees wrong version…
Página Principal
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] chroot sees wrong version of libc
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
> Le 29/04/2016 16:46, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
>> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
>>>      But it's not the same system.
>> It is the same system: Same CPU, same other hardware etc.

>     No. Same hardware, not same OS;

I didn't write anything about 'OS' in the sentence above and quite a bit
about it in the explanations you've chosen to delete, including an
excerpt from the debootstrap code itself.

The basic operation of debootstrap is (heavily simplified)

1. Download and unpack the packages making up the system that's supposed
to be bootstrapped to some directory.

2. chroot into this directory to install them completely aka 'configure
them'.

The latter is required in any case, cf

    the configure stage of installing the packages has to run
    chrooted to the top-level directory of the system installation
    supposed to be created so that it sees the downloaded libraries
    instead of the ones installed on the host system.

I don't know how the OP got the wheezy i686 C library into the chroot
but debootstrap is certainly not supposed to do that. According to my
testing, it also doesn't do it (could have been a bug), at least not
when executed in the way mentionend in the original message.