:: Re: [DNG] chroot sees wrong version…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] chroot sees wrong version of libc
Le 29/04/2016 16:46, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
>> Le 28/04/2016 21:23, Rainer Weikusat a écrit :
>>> as manually running debootstrap in
>>> two steps on the same system doesn't do anything the single-step
>>> debootstrap wouldn't also do
>>      But it's not the same system.
> It is the same system: Same CPU, same other hardware etc.

     No. Same hardware, not same OS; the chroot should contain only the
bootstrap ("debotstrap") of the new OS you are going to install. I know
that this new OS will still be gnu-linux and still debian/devuan, and
therefore you can argue it is the same OS. But they are separated
because of the chroot and share no file. The two OSes only share the
kernel. 'debootstrap --second-stage' will install the new libc as part
of the base system, in the chroot, not in the parent OS.

     Didier