Til: dng
Emne: [DNG] [hellekin@dyne.org: Re: Missing packages]
----- Forwarded message from hellekin <hellekin@???> -----

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:12:29 +0000
From: hellekin <hellekin@???>
To: dng@???
Subject: Re: [DNG] Missing packages

> > On 04/29/2016 03:02 PM, Haines Brown wrote:
> > packages.devuan.org is run by Amprolla, and provides overlays over
> > existing package repositories. Forked packages that appear in the
> > devuan-packages group on git.do are present in devuan/pool/main. If
> > it's not forked, it comes from Debian mirrors instead, hence not from
> > packages.do.

> > What is the work-around?
> >

> Devuan only packages free software. The non-free archive comes from
> Debian. Activate the non-free component, as you would in Debian, and
> you should be set.

Thank you. That solved the problem. I put this line into sources.list:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie non-free contrib

and then had no trouble installing firmware-iwlwifi. However, another
package excluded from devuan is task-mail-server. Adding the above line
to sources.list did not provide access to this package. So am I
compelled to install procmail, exim4, fetchmail, spamassassin
individually?

Haines