:: Re: [DNG] Tochpad scrolling on devu…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Tochpad scrolling on devuan
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:50:29 +0200
fuumind <fuumind@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:22:28 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:25:19 +0200
> > aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> > > Sorry, it's in the other way around:
> > >
> > > synclient TouchpadOff=0
> > >
> > > enables the touchpad :)
> >
> > And for even more fun, here's the "touchtoggle" shellscript I put on
> > every laptop, linked to hotkey Ctrl+Shift+j:

> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > curstate=`synclient | grep -i TouchpadOff | sed -e"s/.*= //"`
> > if test "$curstate" = "1"; then
> >     synclient TouchpadOff=0
> > else
> >     synclient TouchpadOff=1
> > fi

> This is a gem! I don't know how many times I have accidentally
> brushed at the touchpad while typing and moved the cursor to
> somewhere it shouldn't be or deleted text. Maybe one could write a
> daemon that disables the touchpad n seconds after the any-key has
> been pressed... :)
>
> /fuumind

There *is* such a daemon. I tried it for a little while and didn't like
it. That's why I don't remember the daemon's name.

It sounds like a great idea: Totally automatic. But I found that those
few times when I *really* wanted the mouse, I didn't want to wait n
seconds to access the mouse, instead opting for the instantaneous
Ctrl+Shift+j, which *for me, and YMMV* is a very easy and fast key
combo.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21