著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] For all you automounter programmers
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:51:54 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 07:24:29PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > Another issue is a lot of thumb drives have the same label. I bet
> > there are millions with the label "backup".
>
> And I'd like all my drives labelled "backup" to be mounted at the
> same mountpoint so I can use one backup script for all of them.
>
> I really believe in multiple backups.
>
> -- hendrik

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! I see what you're doing: You're keying completely off
labels so scripts work. Makes perfect sense.

I don't know of a way to tell pmount or udev/vdev/eudev to assign a
particular device to a thumb drive, without manually doing all the
mknod and all that. Excellent idea, very useful. But if something's
already assigned to that device, you're sol.

But...

I think my original handled that, by creating a database of UUID, label
and device name (and now it's going to need to include user mounting it
too). So a little universal shellscript can go in the database (which
of course is a simple file), find the label, and read across the row to
find its current device so you can plug that into an environment
variable and use that.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21