:: Re: [DNG] chroot sees wrong version…
Página Inicial
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] chroot sees wrong version of libc
Haines Brown <haines@???> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 06:05:56PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
>> Le 27/04/2016 17:47, Haines Brown a écrit :
>> >
>> >I'm doing a cross install of devuan Alpha 4 onto a newly partitioned
>> >hard disk (/dev/sda1) in same box as my running Debian Wheezy system
>> >(/dev/sdb1). I partitioned, formatted and mounted the needed new disk's
>> >partitions; I downloaded debootstrap_1.0.75-1*.deb to a working
>> >directory in my current sytem; I unpacked the data tarball, Finally I
>> >ran the devuan debootstrap to install a base system on the target
>> >drive.
>> >
>> >   # debootstrap --no-check-gpg jessie /mnt/debinst   \
>> >             http://packages.devuan.org/merged

>>     I think you should use the --foreign option of debootstrap.

>> first 'debootstrap --no-check-gpg jessie /mnt/debinst'
>>
>> then 'chroot /mnt/debinst debootstrap --second-stage'
>
> Didier, thanks! That was the answer. I was confused by the debootstrap
> man page because it sounded like the --foreign option was for
> non-matching architectures.

And that's what it is. There's absolutely no problem with
debootstrapping a Devuan jessie on Debian wheezy amd64 using either
amd64 or i386 (if the kernel supports this) and in my opinion, the error
messages you wrote about earlier are impossible to reproduce in the way
you claimed to have seen them. In particular, the

/bin/bash: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /bin/bash)

refers to the C library from the libc-i686 (wheezy) package and no -i686
package gets installed when running debootstrap as you wrote.