:: Re: [DNG] For all you automounter p…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] For all you automounter programmers
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:19:32 -0400
fsmithred <fsmithred@???> wrote:

> I like pmount for mounting usb devices. It's pretty smart. For
> removable devices, you don't need to list them in /etc/pmount.allow,
> and it handles encrypted filesystems (cryptsetup/luks).

Ahh, now I remember. Pmount isn't an AUTOmounter, you still must tell
it which device to mount. It doesn't mount the second you plug in your
thumb drive.

Therefore: pmount, when combined with the inotifywait automounters
we've all made, should be perfect.

Those pmount automounter commands should run as the user who plugs in
the thumb, so rather than running straight from the init, they should
probably run when you log in, and if there's already a copy running
when you log in, it does nothing.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21