:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: mpv from devuan.org…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fsmithred
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Fwd: mpv from devuan.org/merged is broken
On 04/23/2016 06:40 AM, David Hare wrote:
> Purging the -dmo packages and replacing with current repo ones,
> without something going horribly wrong, was not simple. Now sorted
> like this:
>
> # get list of installed "-dmo" packages
> dpkg -l|grep "\-dmo"|grep "^ii"|awk '{print $2}'|sed 's/:.*//'g >/tmp/dmo
>
> # get list of which were automatically installed
> for i in $(cat /tmp/dmo); do apt-mark showauto $i >> /tmp/autoinstalled; done
>
> # There will be a lot removed! *** Copy the terminal's output to a
> text file for reference
> # You will be prompted. Maybe miss out what looks really bad and run
> the next line a few times more.
>
> # Now reinstall manually what got removed, that you want restored.
> Maybe not lib*, they will be mostly automatic..
>
> # finally
> for i in $(cat /tmp/autoinstalled); do apt-mark auto $i; done
>
> # review carefully then deal with them manually:
> apt-get autoremove
>
> That's just what I did, not advice to anyone. If there is a better
> solution than the above, please post it.

I just used a simpler method on my ascii installation that had a bunch of
dmo packages.

# Look at the list and pick a few key packages. In my case, that was moc,
# mplayer2, ffmpeg, libav-tools
dpkg -l |grep dmo

# Then:
apt-get remove <a few packages>
apt-get autoremove
aptitude search ~c
aptitude purge ~c

That got rid of most of the libraries and winff, but there were still a
couple of dmo packages (libraries) left, and they wanted to take more apps
with them.

Here's the key part: For any packages that wanted to take too many other
packages with them, I used 'aptitude remove' and declined the first two
options (pillage or do nothing) and took the third option, which was
"downgrade the packages". Didn't even break a sweat on this one.

Then install the few packages you removed. They'll pull in whatever else
they need.

Not an exact method. YMMV.

-fsr