:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 07:08:43 +0100
Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> Steve Litt writes:
> > I'm not sure the preceding sentence yields a mutual exclusivity, but
> > yes, I really would like that history lesson, as this is something
> > that has bothered me for a long time.
>
> The WM is regulated by the ICCCP, which basically talks about how
> windows interact with each other and with the screen.

International Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Process? That's what
I found for this acronym.

> The early KDE developers held a session at a place called Arnsberg
> where the scope of this was hashed out for the KDE. The list on the
> whiteboard was 10-15 items long (in general terms, not such details
> as fax).

I assume you mean this meeting:

https://community.kde.org/KDE_Project_History/KDE_One_(Developer_Meeting)

Most of the items on the preceding link's "Discussion Results" section
don't apply to the software facilitating decoration and handling of
windows, so I assume that this discussion is where the concept of
"Desktop Environments" was born?

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21