:: Re: [DNG] software that sucks
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: Simon Walter
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] software that sucks
On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 07:55:44AM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:

> On April 26, 2016 4:36:04 AM GMT+09:00, Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:
> > aitor_czr wrote:
> >
> >> Seeing that the kde project switched to
> >> cmake i guess it might be not so ugly aswell.
> >
> >I suppose, KDE shouldn't be a role model :)
> >
> > KatolaZ wrote:
> >> Seeing that 90% of free software uses autohell
> >> I guess it might be not so ugly :)
> >
> >These 90% don't know, such an ugly thing they use.
> >Like Arnt mentioned Windows market share, don't
> >forget, that systemd is used by 90% nowadays, too.
> >_______________________________________
>
> Yes, lets not use appeal to mass AKA the bandwagon technique. It is commonly heard like this: "But Mom, all the kids are doing it." In and of itself is not a reason.

And that was exactly my point, BTW :) The fact that KDE or whoever
else choose to use Cmake does not make Cmake good, as the fact that
90% of free software packages use autohell does not make autohell good
either, as the fact that 90% of the desktop users have windows does
not make windows good either, as the fact that 95% of Linux
distribution have systemd does not make systemd good, as the fact that
95% of the countries around te world have embraced capitalism does not
make capitalism good, and so on, and so forth...

The "mass" argument has never worked with me. Majorities make bad
mistakes, sometimes much worse ones than singles, mainly due to
effects that have nothing to do with rationality.

But I should probably start using the <sarcasm> tag, at some point :)

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]