:: Re: [DNG] debootstrap requires key
Top Pagina
Auteur: Haines Brown
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] debootstrap requires key
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 05:47:15PM +0200, parazyd wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Haines Brown wrote:

> > Perhaps my problem was that I unpacked the devuan.debian.tar.gz archive
> > on the target /mnt/debinist/usr/share. If instead I run
> >
> > # dpkg -i debootstrap_1.0.75-1+devuan1_all.deb
> >
> > I fear it will overwrite the debootstrap on my current Wheezy Debian
> > system and break it.
>
> The debootstrap from devuan is safe to install. It differs only in
> having a few bugfixes. Besides, you can always grab the package from
> wheezy and overwrite.

Again, please excuse my ignorance. You appear to say that I can use dpkg
to install the dpkg -i debootstrap_1.0.75-1+devuan1_all.deb on my
running Wheezy system, for it is essentially the same. But when I do
that and run:

  # debootstrap -no-check-gpg jessie /mnt/debinst/   \
    http://packages.devuan.org/merged
  E: No such script: http://packages.devuan.org/merged

> Anyway, sorry if there is too much 'tech talk'. Try looking at this
> forum thread:
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-to-install-debian-using-debootstrap-4175465295/

Yes, thanks. What confused me was that when I did cross installation in
years past, there were no stages to worry about. But the immediate
problem is that I can't even get started with the above command.

Haines