:: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii ?
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:29:18 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:21:50AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 04:01:33 +0000
> > Stephanie Daugherty <sdaugherty@???> wrote:
> >
> > > I'd like to see a long term focus on removing the entanglement
> > > with other invasive dependencies, particularly those which are
> > > likely to be folded into systemd in the future, and on staying
> > > true to the Unix philosophy.
> > >
> > > DBUS and PulseAudio are freedesktop backed technologies which are
> > > likely to be folded entirely into systemd in the future.
> >
> > Unfortunately, long term I think you can add dracut to your list, as
> > it's part of the Fedora project. This is a shame, because it's the
> > best initramfs builder utility (from what I understand). But Fedora
> > scooped it up, and IIRC emptied the old version git repositories,
> > so I predict a systemdification in the future.
> >
> > So we shouldn't assume that dracut will always be available to us.
>
> fork it now?

There's one project that Redhat took over and then emptied the git
repository of older, non-Redhat versions. At the very least, if we can
get our hands on the older version's source code, get it and keep it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21