:: Re: [DNG] debootstrap requires key
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Haines Brown
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] debootstrap requires key
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:55:45PM +0200, parazyd wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Haines Brown wrote:
>
> > It installed a base system on the target disk mounted on
> > /mnt/debinst. But that base system is apparently broken because of a
> > version inconsistency:
> >
> > W: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version 'GLIB_2.17' not
> > found (required by /lib-i386-linux-gnu/libmount.so.1)
> >
> > If you are implying the version clash is because I used the debian
> > rather than the devuan debootstrap, that is not the case. I need to
> > correct this problem in order to chroot into the new system to configure
> > and develop it.
> >
> > > Also, for next steps, I'd recommend you to see how the ARM SDK works,
> > > particularly the devuan profile:
> > > https://git.devuan.org/devuan/arm-sdk/blob/master/arm/profiles/common-devuan
> >
> > This is a program you wrote. Much appreciated, but I have no idea what
> > it is for or how to use it.
> >

> Once you do debootstrap once, you also need to do the second and the
> third stage, respectively, to get a working system.
>
> This is why I linked to "common-devuan" because in there you can see
> what you have to do. Go to the bottom, and look at the for-loop. These
> are the complete steps on how to get a fully bootable system.

I apologize for being so slow, but problems abound. I decided to try the
devuan installation with the installer ISO on a key. I used the
devuan-jessie-i386-alpha4-netboot.iso. However, when it came time to
download installation components from the devuan archive, it failed:
"Bad archive mirror".

The archive it tried was us.mirror.devuan.org. Shouldn't it be
us.mirror.devuan.org? When I used debootstrap to produce the broken base
system, it created a sources.list with the entry: deb
http://debootstrap.invalid/ jessie main.

As for your script, I remain lost (I'm not a programmer, but a social
scientist). I don't know what the variable "device-name" refers
to. Perhaps to the /dev/sda1 to which I'm trying to install devuan. I
assume that second and third stage refer to phases in the installation
process, but I have no idea what they are. If you are simply suggesting
I rerun debootstrap several times, I actually did it at least twice, and
still get the message that seems to imply my libc version is wrong.

Perhaps my problem was that I unpacked the devuan.debian.tar.gz archive
on the target /mnt/debinist/usr/share. If instead I run

# dpkg -i debootstrap_1.0.75-1+devuan1_all.deb

I fear it will overwrite the debootstrap on my current Wheezy Debian
system and break it.

Haines