:: [DNG] Meaningful and concise posts:…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 19, Issue 76
Onderwerp: [DNG] Meaningful and concise posts: was Dng Digest, Vol 19, Issue 76
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 16:31:24 -0400
Vaughn Kenny <vak278@???> wrote:

> Linux mint mate desktop as far as I know works without systemd.

Hi Kenny,

I see you receive the digest version of this list's posts. Many people
do. People on the digest have a responsibility to change the subject
line to the subject of the post to which they're responding. They also
have the responsibility to delete all matter from other posts.
Additionally, for clarity, they need to delete context material, even
from the responded to post, so as to make their meaning clear. Those
who top-post need to use specifics instead of pronouns and articles, so
that readers know the reference without detailed parsing of the
context. People who interleave post don't have the same need to avoid
pronouns and articles.

I understand that some people find it more convenient to receive their
posts in digest batches, but please everyone, don't inconvenience others
with meaningless titles and 440 lines of context, most of which has
nothing to do with what you're replying to.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21