:: Re: [DNG] debootstrap requires key
Pàgina inicial
Autor: parazyd
A: Haines Brown
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] debootstrap requires key
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016, Haines Brown wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 03:41:51PM +0100, dev1fanboy wrote:
>
> > When you say installed debootstrap on a new disk, you mean the host
> > OS? What architecture is the host and the 'target' disk, are they
> > different?
>
> Sorry I was not clearer. I meant debootstrap installed a base system on
> a new disk.
>
>    # debootstrap --no-check-gpg jessie /mnt/debinst   \
>          https://packages.devuan.org/devuan

> The host, my currently running machine, runs debootstrap, targetting a
> new partitioned disk mounted on /mnt/debinst. I'm assuming debootstrap
> can be run anywhere, and it installs a base system wherever it is told
> to do it. Years ago I did cross installations, but the process has
> gotten a lot more complicated.

Yes, debootstrap works on any system. Note that if you wish to bootstrap
devuan systems, use devuan's debootstrap (which was fixed):
https://packages.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/d/debootstrap/

Also, for next steps, I'd recommend you to see how the ARM SDK works,
particularly the devuan profile:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/arm-sdk/blob/master/arm/profiles/common-devuan

--
~ parazyd
6CB4 6C63 641D B1F1 F811 5B3A BB5E 2E35 B92E 373E