:: Re: [DNG] exegnu-devuan
Top Pagina
Auteur: fsmithred
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] exegnu-devuan
On 04/23/2016 07:46 AM, fsmithred wrote:
> On 04/23/2016 04:41 AM, Jaromil wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Apr 2016, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, there is a new devuan-based exegnulinux ISO with TDE:
>> http://www.exegnulinux.net/
>>
>> just tested with qemu, it doesn't boots (error -28 on /bin/sh execution)
>>
>> I suspect they use Debian's live-cd scripts? that may be the problem
>>
>> we had to fork that too, Frits did
>>
>> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/live-build
>>
>> (all welcome to contribute a README for this)
>>

>> ciao
>>

> I can confirm that error on booting exegnu64_devuan_20150914.iso with
> qemu. It will boot in virtualbox.
>
> AFAIK, exegnu is built from a debootstrap install and then converted to a
> live cd using a script similar to refractasnapshot. (We share a lot of
> code.) I don't know all the details on this build, but I know how to find out.
>
> -fsr

Refracta isos won't boot in qemu, either. I tried jessie-based isos back
to December 2014, and they all failed, including one Debian Jessie with
systemd. Wheezy-based isos worked properly.

I rebooted into wheezy to try with an older qemu and had the same results.
I'm surprised by that. I thought I used qemu with some of the early jessie
isos I made.

-fsr