:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Simon Walter
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd

On 04/23/2016 04:20 PM, aitor_czr wrote:

> On 04/22/2016 11:17 AM, KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>> In my opinion there's no magic line where things on one side are window
>> >managers and things on the other side are desktop environments. I think
>> >we can all agree that Unity, KDE and Gnome are desktop environments,
>> >and dwm and i3 are window managers, but what's Xfce? What's LXDE?
>> >What's Openbox?
>> >
>> >I think of de/wm as a spectrum, not a 1/0.
>
> I agree with you, there is not a borderline.

It doesn't matter how much you agree on an opinion. That will not make
it fact. There is a technical difference between the two. Just look up
the definition of "window manager" and "desktop environment" on any
techsite/dictionary/encyclopedia. Unless you are trying to sound
ignorant, it would make sense to use the correct terminology.