Til: dng@lists.dyne.org
Emne: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf works. I have no idea why.
Gregory Nowak <greg@???> wrote:

> On a related note, I recently had to replace my almost 20-year-old hp
> laserJet 5l because the part that broke couldn't be replaced. So, I
> replaced it with a samsung m28253dw. I was struggling to configure
> everything how I wanted through a less than fully accessible web
> interface, and found myself wishing more than once during the process
> that the darned printer had a telnet interface or something more
> straight forward.

Ah yes, the "joys" of "interesting" GUI design. I've worked with Samsung printers, and generally not been *too* bothered by the GUI - but then I'm used to working with all sorts of stuff, some good, some ... well lets just say "not very good".

The Technicolor router I had the misfortune to work with today is another matter - should be one of those : first day in the UI design class, tutor shows students a hall of shame, with the sage words "here's how not to do it". Took obfuscation of useful stuff to a whole new level I've not seen for some time.