:: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf works. I have no idea why.
Le 22/04/2016 18:01, Simon Hobson a écrit :
> Gregory Nowak <greg@???> wrote:
>
>> On a related note, I recently had to replace my almost 20-year-old hp
>> laserJet 5l because the part that broke couldn't be replaced. So, I
>> replaced it with a samsung m28253dw. I was struggling to configure
>> everything how I wanted through a less than fully accessible web
>> interface, and found myself wishing more than once during the process
>> that the darned printer had a telnet interface or something more
>> straight forward.
> Ah yes, the "joys" of "interesting" GUI design. I've worked with Samsung printers, and generally not been *too* bothered by the GUI - but then I'm used to working with all sorts of stuff, some good, some ... well lets just say "not very good".
>
> The Technicolor router I had the misfortune to work with today is another matter - should be one of those : first day in the UI design class, tutor shows students a hall of shame, with the sage words "here's how not to do it". Took obfuscation of useful stuff to a whole new level I've not seen for some time.

     You can configure cups through the web interface or by editing the
config files. Editing the config files is easy, apart from understanding
the meaning of the variables from their names. But there are howtos. For
one-time actions like resuming operation of a printer, I don't know how
to do it but with the web interface.

     Didier