:: Re: [DNG] Gcc issue?
Página Principal
Autor: Didier Kryn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Gcc issue?
Le 21/04/2016 20:38, KatolaZ a écrit :
> The simple reason is that the very same gcc has compiled at least 90%
> of the software you are using in alpha4, and who knows how many other
> millions of packages. So if there were any such bug in gcc, it would
> have probably been hit by now, just out of pure probability...

     Jaromil, I agree with one of your other posts in which you say that
changing optimisation options often reveals a bug in the source. But for
the argument above, well... I'm not sure 90% of the millions of packages
have been compiled with -O3.

     I remember, sometimes in the 80's, when Microware shipped their OS9
with their new ANSI C compiler, I had found a bug in the compiler,
caused by some level of optimisation - it could be demonstrated with an
~5 lines example.

     Didier