:: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii…
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii ?
On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:18:23 +0000
hellekin <hellekin@???> wrote:

> On 04/20/2016 03:46 PM, Didier Kryn wrote:
> >>
> >> This is not the first time apulse has been discussed on this list.
> >> There was talk of packaging apluse for Devuan last year but that
> >> conversation has been lost in time. Perhaps adding apulse to
> >> Devuan will be reconsidered once the beta is out. I would
> >> certainly like pulseaudio and it's libs out of my system.
> >>
> >> golinux
> >>
> > +1
> >
> > BTW, if skype is 32-bit, apulse must be 32-bit as well - it
> > involves a library.
> >

> Does apulse serve for anything else than running non-free spyware?

The apulse program just helped me get Skype up and running, so I can
now communicate with my kids the same way I did 3 years ago, before
Microsoft bought and sabotaged Skype.

There's no reason apulse should be part of a default install, but it
should be in some Devuan repo (perhaps nonfree or whatever), so that
somebody who really needs it can install it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21