:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work witho…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which desktops work without systemd
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:15:36 +0900
Simon Walter <simon@???> wrote:

> If by desktops you mean DE, then I thought some have some
> dependencies on systemd by way of the included packages. DE vs.
> window manager. There is a big difference.

In my opinion there's no magic line where things on one side are window
managers and things on the other side are desktop environments. I think
we can all agree that Unity, KDE and Gnome are desktop environments,
and dwm and i3 are window managers, but what's Xfce? What's LXDE?
What's Openbox?

I think of de/wm as a spectrum, not a 1/0.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21