:: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf …
Página Inicial
Autor: Jaromil
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now even pdf works. I have no idea why.
On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Noel Torres wrote:

> Just curious...
>
> Why not using CUPS ?
>
> I've been using it since times' night with no issues.

I use CUPS and i'm intrigued by the thread.

I have two printers, one at home and one in the office.

After I switched to Devuan for all my personal computers, something
strange happened to me and I'm still not sure it is related to
Devuan. Believe me when I say I did look deeply into this, but still
did not manage to get the art of troubleshooting to enligthen my path.

The printer at home worked fine for years, then had some red light
blinking crisis, believing its toner was over, but it wasn't in fact,
no actual sign of it on the printed result. Nevertheless, I did change
the toner. Since the red blinking started and even after the change of
the toner (which stopped the red blinking) CUPS stopped being capable
of printing to it.

OTOH the printer at the office has never stopped working, before my
switch to Devuan and up to now.

I'm completely puzzled by this problem to the point I imagine I know
how RMS felt like when he started the GNU project. Believe me or not,
since this happened and as of today I do go to my office to print out
things, or ask my partner for help. And I'm not a consumer-minded
person so I refuse to buy a new printer.

So I'm reading all this thread with interest as its not making me feel
alone lost on this puzzle.

I don't believe this is really related to Devuan: following the work
of Didier on the package
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/cups/commits/debian/jessie the
time his commits were made do not coincide at all with the times the
events on my side occurred.

ciao