:: Re: [DNG] mpv from devuan.org/merge…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Daniel Reurich
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [DNG] mpv from devuan.org/merged is broken
On 21/04/16 22:43, David Hare wrote:
> I needed to install mpv, which failed with this error:
>
> :~$ mpv '/my/file.mp4' mpv was compiled and linked against a mixture
> of Libav and FFmpeg versions. This won't work and will most likely
> crash at some point. Exiting.
>
> This took me quite some time to debug. The reason appears to be
> incompatibility with the version and dependencies from "deb
> http://packages.devuan.org/merged" (which I use exclusively, except
> for special purposes).

> I noticed that quite a few packages originating from deb-multimedia
> are on my system, installed from "/merged".
>
> My quick fix was install mpv direct from deb-multimedia (but yet
> another 3rd-party repo to configure)
>
> Packages from deb-multimedia have also been reported and seen here
> to break vlc also at various times in the past.
>
> What is, or will be, official Devuan policy on this?

Hi David,

For a while we merged deb-multimedia into devuan as part of a test of
amprolla - the tool that builds our merged mirror. We've discontinued
including deb-multimedia because it caused issues for some other users.

You can either add deb-multimedia to your sources or search and remove
the debian-multimedia packages and re-install the debian versions
instead to solve your problems.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.