:: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii…
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] What do we want for ascii ?
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 08:11:16AM +1200, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> > What do we (the DNG people) want for ascii ?
> >
> > * our own bug reporting system
> yes please

Crosslinked where appropriate with similar bugs on other distros, such
as Debian, so that an automated script can inform us when they are
fixed.

> > * a method for dividing Devuan in "cases" or "eggs" that do not
> > interfere with each other. E.g. the KDE egg, the LibreOffice egg, the
> > multimedia egg... maybe tasks with steroids?
> there could be some improvements to the dependency chains to be had,
> but overall I think this is unworkable.

What does this provide that isn't already proided by packages that
depend, say , on all the components of KDE? or of LibreOffice?, etc.
Is this different from what dselect provides? If so, how?

> > * Long Term Support for server whit a method for fast updating certain
> > packages (like virus lists)
> This is pretty much already there. What we need is a security team with
> sufficient resources to be able to patch long standing bugs in debian.
> Updated virus lists?? Linux doesn't get virus's...

Other systems do, and Linux systems are often used as servers to those
other systems.

-- hendrik