:: Re: [DNG] problem installing JRE
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Herb Garcia
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] problem installing JRE
I didn't know about this change.....

Also, although I'm subscribed, I'm getting moderated posting to this list.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
On Apr 18, 2016 9:21 AM, Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:49:39AM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 21:30:53 -0400
> Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:
>
> > I'm running devuan alpha4
>
> I assume that there is no other alpha4 than the current Jessie...
>
> > Problem is that I can't install
> > default-jre because the tzdata-java package on which it depends can't
> > be found.
>
> I have the default-jre (and tzdata-java) installed on two Devuan Jessie
> systems and I am not aware of any bugs. Also, a
>
> $ apt-get install --reinstall tzdata-java
>
> with the .deb removed from /var/cache/apt/archives, returns without
> errors.
>
> > This is a known bug.
>
> Couldn't find a bug report. Can you provide a link?
>
> > Is there a work-around
>
> Without being able to reproduce your problem, I would suggest to
> download the tzdata-java package from
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/tzdata-java and manually install it
> with dpkg.
>
> Florian

Florian, found my problem. I had not updated debian alpha4 since
installing it, and when I do so now, I discover the original apt
sources.list used for installation is no longer correct. I had:

deb http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie main

When I replaced it with

deb http://packages.devuan.org/merged jessie main

things went much better. JRE now installs.

Haines