:: Re: [DNG] Systemd criciticized for …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Systemd criciticized for malfunctioning OS
Le 17/04/2016 17:07, Go Linux a écrit :
> On Sun, 4/17/16, Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
>
> Subject: [DNG] Systemd criciticized for malfunctioning OS
> To: "dng" <dng@???>
> Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 5:21 AM
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&p=613376#wrap
>>
>> This post is from a forum member who used to combat for systemd
>> ridiculing critics of systemd. Just read his post especially the
>> closing part, I cannot believe what I read!
>>
>> Criticism of systemd is not only the result of political disagreement
>> but also the result of using a complex collection of executables at
>> the core the operating system that is not WELL DEBUGGED and some even
>> claim, that it is also not well designed.
>>
>> Edward

> Here's another "one of those systemd thingies" I stumbled across this morning:
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=613205#p613205
>
> It's their choice to put up with it . . .
>
> golinux

     AFAIU, the problem is that ntpdate isn't able to deal with network
not being configured. I think ntpd is able to cope, but I'm not sure
such a requirement can be put on ntpdate, which isn't a server. The
problem is the way the ntp service is started in Debian involves
invoking ntpdate prior to ntpd. This can't work with the method of
starting all services in the same time, in general, not specifically by
systemd.

     Didier