:: Re: [DNG] apt-get vs. aptitude ?
Página Principal
Autor: Dave Turner
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] apt-get vs. aptitude ?
On 16/04/16 09:46, Dave Turner wrote:
> On 15/04/16 22:25, dev wrote:
>>
>> On 04/15/2016 03:36 PM, Linux O'Beardly wrote:
>>> For what it's worth, much of the apt vs aptitude is preference and
>>> opinion. However, aptitude does bit better of a job resolving
>>> dependencies and preventing them from breaking your system.
>>
>> Yes, That's what I've always read so I have always used aptitude but
>> in this instance I have packages that will not upgrade via aptitude.
>> I mention this case specifically as the Debian docs[1] say "aptitude
>> is the recommended package manager for Debian".
>>
>> I post this question with the intent to investigate why I might need
>> to familiarize myself more with APT as it's evident there are use
>> cases where aptitude cannot get the job done. I have struggled with
>> situations similar to this only rarely and could have possibly saved
>> my self some time knowing the nuances of APT (Debian indeed has one
>> of the most diverse set of package management tools around). With
>> that in mind, consider the following on this Debian Wheezy based
>> system (apologies in advance for the length of this post, but it
>> seems pertinent to include)...
>>

>> #
>> # apt-get upgrade <--<< kernel 2.6.32 will NOT install, updates will
>> #
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> The following packages have been kept back:
>> proxmox-ve-2.6.32
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>> base-files libnvpair1 libpve-common-perl libuutil1 libwbclient0
>> libzfs2 libzpool2 openssh-client openssh-server samba-common smbclient
>> ssh tzdata
>> 13 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
>> Need to get 8975 kB of archives.
>> After this operation, 1438 kB of additional disk space will be used.
>> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
>>

>> #
>> # apt-get dist-upgrade <--<< kernel will install, updates will
>> #
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Calculating upgrade... Done
>> The following NEW packages will be installed:
>> pve-kernel-2.6.32-45-pve
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>> base-files libnvpair1 libpve-common-perl libuutil1 libwbclient0
>> libzfs2 libzpool2 openssh-client openssh-server proxmox-ve-2.6.32
>> samba-common smbclient ssh tzdata
>> 14 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>> Need to get 46.2 MB of archives.
>> After this operation, 1438 kB of additional disk space will be used.
>> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
>>

>> #
>> # aptitude upgrade <--<< kernel will install, updates will NOT
>> #
>> Resolving dependencies...
>> The following NEW packages will be installed:
>> pve-kernel-2.6.32-45-pve{a}
>> The following packages will be upgraded:
> [...]

Following on from Didier let me make it clear, when I use aptitude it is
only the Curses User Interface that I use, and then only to work out
what apt-get is refusing to upgrade and then making aptitude do it (or
not...). I dislike synaptic, but for the OP let me recommend using
aptitude and synaptic for dealing with the above problems and see if
they help you as much they help me and Didier!

DaveT