:: Re: [DNG] apt-get vs. aptitude ?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Linux O'Beardly
À: dev
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] apt-get vs. aptitude ?
For what it's worth, much of the apt vs aptitude is preference and
opinion. However, aptitude does bit better of a job resolving dependencies
and preventing them from breaking your system. I personally have never been
a fan of aptitude, so I stick to the standard apt-get
update/upgrade/dist-upgrade. Has this ever bitten me? Absolutely. Has it
ever put me in a situation I couldn't recover from? Never. So, YMMV, and
it will absolutely vary, but you just need to figure out what you're
comfortable with and how much work you're willing to put into your
systems. There is no right or wrong way. There is just getting it done,
or not done. At the end of the day, if you got it done, whatever "it" may
be, then you're probably on the right track. And of course, if you ever
get into a pinch, you always have the community to fall back on.

Linux O'Beardly
@LinuxOBeardly
http://o.beard.ly
linux.obeardly@???