:: [DNG] apt-get vs. aptitude ?
Página Principal
Autor: dev
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] apt-get vs. aptitude ?
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could offer some clarity on how best to apply
patches on Debian derived systems? There are so many options across
apt-get and aptitude... I cannot make sense of them all:

apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get safe-upgrade
aptitude upgrade
aptitude safe-upgrade
aptitude full-upgrade

The man pages tell about the different options, but I don't know if
removing packages to resolve dependencies is a good thing or not.

Then I found the link below[1] explaining that 'aptitude' is the tool to
use on Debian while other information[2] suggests that 'apt-get' is the
tool to use so I'm confused and hoping some of you generous folks could
provide some insight here or at least admit you are as confused as I am.

Thanks

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-uptodate.en.html
[2]
http://askubuntu.com/questions/81585/what-is-dist-upgrade-and-why-does-it-upgrade-more-than-upgrade