:: Re: [DNG] Debian is no longer GNU/L…
Página Principal
Autor: Robert Storey
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Debian is no longer GNU/Linux?
> Lars Noodén wrote:
>
> I ran into minor graphics problems last year when I tried Debian
> GNU/kFreeBSD on a notebook, but other than that it seems good to go. If
> I had servers, I would be running it already. Though I am only keeping
> half an eye on it for now, but do plan to at least try UbuntuBSD when it
> gets a little further to see how it goes on that notebook.

Lars, not sure if your problem is the same as mine, but I assume that any
OS running the FreeBSD kernel will also inherit any driver issues of that
kernel. I guess that applies to GNU/kFreeBSD and UbuntuBSD.

FreeBSD version 10.x doesn't support the Intel Haswell graphics
architecture. Both my machines use this chip, so they must run VESA
graphics, which performs poorly as I learned when I installed it. This has
effectively prevented me from using FreeBSD for the time being. However,
11-CURRENT is supposed to be adding Haswell support, and I will definitely
be testing it soon. As I understand the situation, FreeBSD 11.0 is due out
in June or July this year, so not much longer to wait.

cheers,
Robert