:: Re: [DNG] suspend
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Boruch Baum
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] suspend
On 04/12/2016 08:44 PM, Simon Walter wrote:

> On 2016/04/13 3:03, Jaromil wrote:
>> Now if you like this project to thrive then please lower the
>> aggression you also recognize as disruptive in other projects. Let go,
>> ignore what is not interesting. Noone here needs an expert to give an
>> opinion on every topic, even if mistakes are made. Even a completely
>> selfish behavior would be tolerable (then why bother if others aren't
>> as expert as you are?) but really not aggressions.
>
> Yes, I was actually quite surprised at the level of emotion on this
> list. Then I realized that perhaps a lot of you have toiled in the fight
> to keep Debian full of options. I appreciate that struggle that you all
> have been through. I am actually amused most of the time.
>
> We need to make sure that we portray ourselves in a way that others see
> we will not harm the community nor the project. Once someone starts
> expressing themselves in a way that makes it difficult for others to
> take seriously, that's unhealthy for the community. I don't mean that we
> have to be PC about everything, but we need to respect each other. Then
> we can challenge each other in honesty and seriousness. Otherwise it
> becomes personal. On this list, we are about Devuan, not about ourselves.

I didn't absolutely need to use the word 'yenta' in order to get my
basic point across in my original comment, so in view of the response to
my using it, I apologize to the list - I had no bad intent in using the
term. (OT: the term doesn't carry any baggage of bad intent to it, in
the sense that I've never heard of anyone picking a fight or starting
one over calling someone or someone's mom a yenta).

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0