:: Re: [DNG] suspend
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] suspend
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
> Trond Arild Ydersbond <t_a_ydersbond@???> wrote:
>> I wonder if two new lists could be helpful, in addition to what is
>> planned:

[...]

>> Then it would be easier to filter on a per topic, rather than per
>> user basis?
>
> Splitting a mailing list greatly reduces its power as a meeting of the
> minds.
>
> What I've found, and your mileage may vary, is that if a few of
> somebody's posts bore you or anger you, *most* of that person's posts
> bore or anger you.

[...]

For the example in question, I'm interested in Boruch Baum's
installation reports but I don't want to become an (IMHO innocent)
target of his snide remarks just because his idea of what ought to be
discussed here differs from what actually happens to be discussed. And
this whole, superfluous irritation (on all sides) could neatly be
avoided by enabling more targetted communication such that people who
don't care for (or even object to) more general discussions could simply
avoid them.