:: Re: [DNG] suspend
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] suspend
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

>     - I don't have so much spare time that I could seriously work on
>           something I don't need myself for 'street creds' alone (1
>           day off per week, 51 weeks of work per year and on this
>           schedule since 2003)

ok, same here, but then really can't you see how much time you are
spending here putting up fights with other people?

Also I don't understand why you consider contributing to Devuan
something for the 'spare time' after stating you may be interested in
it for a VPN product.

Rest assured that the last year of "silence" for the project has been
not just because we have little spare time, but actually because all
core developers involved started adopting Devuan for more and more
tasks that are mission critical for our own work.

We are slow in eating our own dog-food, carefully learning to spice it
well. This is the best way to make software great as, let me
emphasize, there are many Debian developers who forgot to do that
nowadays and use OSX as their personal computer. Without doing this,
being in the front-line risking, we could never come out and tell the
GNU world at large; this works. We still take the word "beta" and will
be taking the word "stable" very seriously!

Now if you like this project to thrive then please lower the
aggression you also recognize as disruptive in other projects.
Let go, ignore what is not interesting. Noone here needs an expert to
give an opinion on every topic, even if mistakes are made. Even a
completely selfish behavior would be tolerable (then why bother if
others aren't as expert as you are?) but really not aggressions.

ciao