:: Re: [DNG] suspend
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Boruch Baum
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] suspend
On 04/12/2016 01:36 AM, Go Linux wrote:

> [snip]

>>> Installing upower and libupower-glib1 from the devuan repos got the
>>> whole shebang working for me from the xfce panel and/or main menu. I
>>> suspect that xfce4-power-manager also has something to do with it.
>>

>> My installed versions for upower, libupower-glib1:amd64, and
>> libupower-glib1:amd64 are all 1:0.9.23-2+devuan1.2
>>
>> The polkit actions:
>> org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
>> org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
>> org.freedesktop.consolekit.stop-multiple-users
>> org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart-multiple-users
>> seem to be those that would control the remaining issues, and the
>> installed version of consolekit is 0.4.6-5, from:
>> us.mirror.devuan.org_merged_dists_jessie_main_binary-amd64_Packages
>>
>> Do you get any ouput from running?:
>> find /etc/polkit-1/localauthority -type f -print -exec cat '{}' \;
>>
>> If so, could you post it?
>>

> That command didn't spit out a thing. Note that I am on 32 bit devuan if that might make a difference.

I'm assuming that when you installed devuan, you asked the installer to
install a desktop environment. If so, your result tells me that my
tweaks to the polkit configuration are unnecessary and not the way
devuan is enabling those features. That's important for a few reasons:

1] You didn't get an error message, which tells me devuan installed
polkit on your system. The next question is why.

1.1] Could you look at the result of running the following:

head -qn1 /var/log/dpkg.log*
grep -hm1 polkit /var/log/dpkg.log*

The first should tell us when you installed devuan, and the date of the
second's output is a proxy for telling whether the installer did the
deed itself, or whether whether apt/gdebi/etc did it later.

2] There shouldn't be more than one authorization agent operating. At
best, it's confusing to administer, and at worst could freeze a system.

3] The tweaks I performed are the way the polkit developers want the
system to work, and it did work for me, so what else is going on in
parallel in devuan?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0