:: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Antonio Trkdz.tab
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 09:26:23PM +0100, Antonio Trkdz.tab wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> can some of you be so kind to point out in a clear form (and possibly link
> it to uname outputs) the architectures needed by each raspberry version,
> namely 1,2 and 3?
> Thank you in advance!

rpi0 and rpi1 are amrv6 processors, but with a VFPv2, i.e. a floating
point architecture that is an optional extension of armv6. Hence, the
only native Debian/Devuan architecture you can use on rpi0/rpi1 is
armel (without floating point architecture), since armhf is by default
compiled for armv7. Alternatively, you should have a custom-built
toolchain to cross-compile your packages for armv6+VFP2, which is
something I have already started experimenting with.

rpi2 is armv7, which normally includes a VFP. rpi3 is an armv8. Both
can work with the standard armhf, but the rpi3 is indeed a 64bit
processor, and its intimate desire might be to run 64-bit packages :)

The solution adopted by raspbian is to recompile everything for
armv6+VFPv2, and they had the "brilliant" idea to still call it
"armhf", just to add more confusion to the confusion.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]