:: [DNG] Devuan grub files
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Boruch Baum
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] Devuan grub files
On 03/22/2016 06:04 AM, Jaromil wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016, Boruch Baum wrote:
>
>> On that note, I'll chime in and say that I hate the red greeter
>> screen of the installer.
>
> CenturionDan also reported that the theme is causing problems to the
> cd-installer so we'll likely drop it for a good old text terminal.
>
> thanks for your insights

1] I've recently added X11 etc on top of a cli-only devuan, and I think
I'm now seeing what you said CenturionDan may have reported, which is
that upon a reboot of a target (not the liveCD) on which package
'desktop-base' has been installed, the grub settings are modified over
those of the cli-only setup. This modification seems to have confused
'grub theming' and 'grub customization' but, Jaromil, there's no need to
"drop it for a good old text terminal" if by that you mean drop the red
greeter screen of the installer for a black background.

1.1] What works better for me is to tweak the file
/etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme:

At the beginning of its execution (the code starts with several function
definitions), insert:

echo "set menu_color_normal=black/black"
echo "set menu_color_highlight=yellow/black"
if [ -f "/usr/share/desktop-base/grub-themes/devuan/background.png" ] ; then
echo "background_image
/usr/share/desktop-base/grub-themes/devuan/background.png"
exit 0
fi

2] Devuan should have the same grub presentation regardless of whether a
GUI is installed.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0