:: Re: [DNG] Debian is no longer GNU/L…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Debian is no longer GNU/Linux?
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:20:32PM +0300, Mitt Green wrote:
> I've just visited the DW page[1], which says:
> Debian (formerly Debian GNU/Linux)
>
> I couldn't find any information on that.
> Maybe ye have some?

A year or two ago they announced they were going to support BSD as
another kernel. Now thw BSD project seems still to be struggling on,
but I imagine that might have triggered the name change, whether
systemd conflicts with BSD or not.

Canonical seems also th have bee floating the BSD banner lately. It's
just possible that's related to the hard-to-find Debian BSD project.

-- hendrik