:: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
Inizio della pagina
Autore: parazyd
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
On Sun, 10 Apr 2016, KatolaZ wrote:

> > The raspi-config utility still needs some polishing to work properly on
> > Devuan, so I would like to propose anyone interested in helping fix it
> > to clone my devuan-sdk repository, and inside, in the "arm/extra/rpi-conf"
> > directory, you can find "raspi-config". Feel free to hack on it, and if
> > you fix things, please make a pull request so I can review it.
> > https://github.com/parazyd/devuan-sdk
> >
> > To build your own images, consult the README file inside the arm
> > directory.
> >
> > As for the Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero - Devuan's packages should be
> > compiled for armv6. If it's a possibility, I would recommend (re)building
> > all armhf packages with armv6 in mind. This way, packages would work
> > just as fine on *all* Raspberry Pis and other embedded devices.
> >

> As I said a couple of weeks ago, I have already experimented with a
> custom toolchain for armv6+VFP2, and it works (I was able to
> cross-compile a relatively large custom software toolbox in C which
> runs smoothly on the rpi0). I have also built a basic system using
> LFS, but I did not manage to make it boot, since the boot process in
> the pi is a clusterfuck, as parazyd correctly pointed out on IRC.

Feel free to see the linked github repository to see how booting is
solved for Raspberry Pi 2. The Raspi1/0 will have to be built with a
different kernel, and toolchain for that matter. Otherwise, things
should stay relatively the same as in the Rpi2 script.

> Now the thing should be integrated in devuan-sdk, the main problem
> being that we should recompile all the needed packages and use another
> target name, since armhf already refers to armv7 and armel refers to
> arm with soft FPU. armv6+VFP2 is a hybrid of the two, indeed...

Without putting much thought in it, maybe the naming scheme could be
arm6hf/arm7hf or armhf6/armhf7? I am really not sure how many existing
things it would break though...