Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 05:44:16PM +0200, parazyd wrote:
> The image I would like people to test can be found here:

Thanks for your work. I unfortunately can't test ATM because I have
only one rpi2 acting as a router. I plan to get another unit to play
with (possibly a rpi3) in the future. If testing is still necessary by
the time that happens, I will be happy to do so.

> As for the Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero - Devuan's packages should be
> compiled for armv6. If it's a possibility, I would recommend (re)building
> all armhf packages with armv6 in mind. This way, packages would work
> just as fine on *all* Raspberry Pis and other embedded devices.

My concern here is that packages compiled for armv6 wouldn't take full
advantage of the rpi2 CPU, in the same way that packages compiled for
the rpi2 don't take full advantage of the rpi3 CPU. Is this concern
valid? If yes, then I'm against making such a move, and suggest that
if possible, we stick to separate packages for rpi0/1, rpi2, and
rpi3. I understand this will take extra build cycles and extra
storage, but I personally think that's worth it. Just my $0.01.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1