:: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: parazyd
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Raspberry Pi 2 image
On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 05:44:16PM +0200, parazyd wrote:
> Hi dng!
>
> Devuan Raspberry Pi 2 images are done and ready :)
> The image I would like people to test can be found here:
> https://parazyd.dyne.org/devuan-jessie-alpha4-armhf-rpi2.img.xz
> along with the sha256sum:
> https://parazyd.dyne.org/devuan-jessie-alpha4-armhf-rpi2.img.xz.sha
>
> To use, simply extract and dd to a SD card. SSH will start on first
> boot, you can login as root with credentials "root:porcoddio"

Hi parazyd,

thanks for you work! I have already downloaded the image and I will
test it asap.

> The raspi-config utility still needs some polishing to work properly on
> Devuan, so I would like to propose anyone interested in helping fix it
> to clone my devuan-sdk repository, and inside, in the "arm/extra/rpi-conf"
> directory, you can find "raspi-config". Feel free to hack on it, and if
> you fix things, please make a pull request so I can review it.
> https://github.com/parazyd/devuan-sdk
>
> To build your own images, consult the README file inside the arm
> directory.
>
> As for the Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero - Devuan's packages should be
> compiled for armv6. If it's a possibility, I would recommend (re)building
> all armhf packages with armv6 in mind. This way, packages would work
> just as fine on *all* Raspberry Pis and other embedded devices.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, I have already experimented with a
custom toolchain for armv6+VFP2, and it works (I was able to
cross-compile a relatively large custom software toolbox in C which
runs smoothly on the rpi0). I have also built a basic system using
LFS, but I did not manage to make it boot, since the boot process in
the pi is a clusterfuck, as parazyd correctly pointed out on IRC.

Now the thing should be integrated in devuan-sdk, the main problem
being that we should recompile all the needed packages and use another
target name, since armhf already refers to armv7 and armel refers to
arm with soft FPU. armv6+VFP2 is a hybrid of the two, indeed...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]