:: Re: [unSYSTEM] The entire Turkish c…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: psy
To: genjix
CC: System undo crew
Nuovi argomenti: Re: [unSYSTEM] The entire Turkish citizenship database has allegedly been leaked online + panamapapers merge
Oggetto: Re: [unSYSTEM] The entire Turkish citizenship database has allegedly been leaked online

Whatevs:
> No you dumbasses, did you manage to download the database and actually
> read it?

Moderate your language, mr. Genjix, don't push me to translate a word to
describe your attitude sometimes on mailing lists.

Actually, this is closed: 185.100.87.84

That's normal. Government is officially trying to prosecute authors.
Servers used to leak data where located on Romania. Probably paid using BTC.

Turkish authorities are 'probing huge ID data leak':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35978216

More other people are trying to investigate:

"Tuncay Besikci, a computer forensics expert at auditing and consultancy
firm PwC, confirmed to Reuters the file contained ID numbers and
personally identifiable information of at least 46 million citizens.

Transport and Communication Minister Binali Yildirim said on Tuesday the
breach appeared to date back to at least 2010. It is not clear when the
file was first uploaded, although reports of it surfaced in local media
this week.

He said the data was from electoral records that the state shares with
political parties before elections.

However, Besikci, the computer expert, said he believed the data was
taken from the government’s official Population Governance Central
Database in or around 2009 and later illegally sold on to firms that
dealt in asset foreclosures."

Also remember that is non mentioned on newspapers by it known by "global
scene" that Russian and Turkish hackers are in a declared open war. I
think that this is just another movement of the first, trying to spoof
origin using EEUU.

"In December, Turkish Internet servers suffered one of the most intense
cyberattacks seen in the country, raising fears Ankara may have been a
target of political hackers."

http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/06/turkey-is-investigating-leak-of-50-million-citizens-data/

Finally, search more on Bittorrent to answer your questions.

No problems to read emails from @riseup.net