:: Re: [DNG] useradd defaults
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: Brad Campbell
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] useradd defaults
On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 08:53:29PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
> On 04/04/16 16:19, KatolaZ wrote:
>
> >(unfortunately Linux does not run on microcontrollers, yet, mainly due
> >to the general lack of some form of underlying MMU in the vast
> >majority of microcontrollers...).
>
> http://www.uclinux.org/index.html
>
> It has been around for years :) I ran it for quite a while on some
> m68k processors before I moved to embedded Intel boards.

Well, I would call the 68K a microprocessor, not a microcontroller,
but that might be just a matter of taste, or nomenclature :)

I know uCLinux, and I have used it as well, in several contexts. My
previous comment was a reply in the specific context of Debian/Devuan
being a "Universal OS", and what I intended to say is that you can't
just take a vanilla kernel + some utils (more or less what you have on
a Devuan) and put them in a microcontroller, since this requires some
extra stuff that Linux does not natively provide (and that, obviously,
something like uCLinux provides).

But I admit that the wording was at least misleading ;)

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]