:: Re: [DNG] ...and when trolling went…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Simon Hobson
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] ...and when trolling went too far
Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@???> wrote:

> Sorry to ruin the party, but I'll object to it because its just not a
> nice thing to do, and its an awful thing to mess up content on the fine
> site that is wikipedia.

+1 for that
Regardless of what people think of him, it's not a grown up or pleasant thing to do.

>> There is obviously enough demand for systemd. So challenging his actions
>> on a technical level would be difficult. What is strange is how ditros
>> other than RH have jumped on the bandwagon - especially Debian.

I don't find it strange at all. I haven't been following things all that closely, but it looks very much to me as though the vandals have been rapidly inserting dependencies into so much software that it gets harder and harder to keep them out. So if your choice is between spending a lot of resource that your don't have ripping out all the crapware, or "adopting" systemd then it's fairly clear what the choice is going to be.

> You know what. How about this. Think of systemd as that girlfriend you
> broke up with. You've decided to dump systemd, so be done with it. Leave
> it behind and move on. It's over. If you can't forget about her, its not
> over, and frankly, something in your head is messed up.

Where the analogy falls down is if the ex girlfriend lives in the flat next door, works in the same office, and is actively dating all your friends, and goes to the same pubs/restaurants as you do ... so it takes a lot of effort to avoid her.
So you've decided to put her behind you, but you just can't stop her intruding into your life.