:: Re: [DNG] ...and when trolling went…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Boruch Baum
To: dng
Nuovi argomenti: [DNG] Nicht alles was hinkt ist ein Vergleich (was: ...and when trolling went too far)
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] ...and when trolling went too far
I'm NOT specifically ranting against either Simon or Trond below. I'm
addressing the wider issue, that I think is pretty obvious to anyone
following this list for any amount of time.

On 04/04/2016 09:00 AM, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 2016/04/04 17:39, Trond Arild Ydersbond wrote:
>> Den Mandag, 4. april 2016 8.09 skrev Mitt Green <mitt_green@???>:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lennart_Poettering&oldid=703955376
>>

>> Representing him as an ass and bloatware generator is definitely not
>> in the interest of those challenging his actions as a developer. Why
>> the heck give that guy any martyr cards to play?

Sorry to ruin the party, but I'll object to it because its just not a
nice thing to do, and its an awful thing to mess up content on the fine
site that is wikipedia.

> There is obviously enough demand for systemd. So challenging his actions
> on a technical level would be difficult. What is strange is how ditros
> other than RH have jumped on the bandwagon - especially Debian.
>
> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
> stupidity..." or laziness. It is one or a mixture of the three: malice,
> laziness, and or stupidity.
>
> I am daily amazed by stupidity. It might be the TV or something in the
> food, but it's getting worse.

What daily amazes me is how easy it is for people on this list to get
distracted from doing something positive, ie contributing to the
progress of devuan, and opt instead for the negative - being
disrespectful to people, or projects. You're not my grandkids, so you're
not going to get a 'talk' from me, but all of you on the list, please
just get a grip.

You know what. How about this. Think of systemd as that girlfriend you
broke up with. You've decided to dump systemd, so be done with it. Leave
it behind and move on. It's over. If you can't forget about her, its not
over, and frankly, something in your head is messed up.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0