Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] icedove install-recommends
On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 03:28:31 +0000
Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@???> wrote:

> The default install for icedove also installs packages
> 'calendar-google-overview' and 'iceowl-extension'. I don't remember
> such in any other install of icedove or thunderbird.
>
> Personally, I'm in the camp of opposing the integration of mail and
> calendar, kind of out of the same sensibility that has me opposing
> systemd.
>
> One can over-ride the default by using --no-install-recommends, but
> devuan, should it choose to do so, can take a stand by including
> icedove in the default install without the two packages.
>
> My vote is obvious. Please consider.

Isn't Icedove a re-branded Thunderbird? Every time I try to use
Thunderbird, it's an order of magnitude slower than Claws-Mail. If
adding the calender stuff is part of why it's so slow, I'd recommend
going granular and not including it by default.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz