:: Re: [DNG] xscreensaver issues (incl…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] xscreensaver issues (including hardcoded DEBIAN!)
On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 08:55:54AM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:

> I'd just like to mention that Xscreensaver is one of those obnoxious
> "convenience features" that I'm always trying to disable. So at least from
> my point of view, if it's not installed by default, I'm fine with that. But
> I realize that others may want it.

I like to run specific screen savers explicitly, when I choose to watch
them. It's a formal art form, and occasionally amusing.

I don't usually need it to start automatically. And if I have
multiple virtual consoles (Ctl alt F8, etc.) I have no use for having
it running on a console that doesn't have screen space at the moment.

-- hendrik