:: Re: [DNG] xscreensaver issues (incl…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Boruch Baum
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] xscreensaver issues (including hardcoded DEBIAN!)
On 04/01/2016 03:18 PM, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> On 02/04/16 07:58, Boruch Baum wrote:

>>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=819703
>>>
>>> It's a time bomb by xscreensaver's upstream author. And like micq before,
>>> it looks like xscreensaver needs to be replaced or forked. Obviously, using
>>> gnome-screensaver is not an option as that pulls in a good part of Gnome3
>>> including systemd.
>>>

>> I'm not one to jump to that kind of conclusion before looking at some
>> alternatives first. It's possible that the solution has already been
>> provided by the author - I haven't checked the packages MAKEFILE for
>> possible build-time config options, or other compile-time options.
>> Lacking that, its also possible and may be appropriate to use debian's
>> 'quilt' system to patch the upstream. It's also possible that just
>> contacting the author and making a request will effect a change.
>>
> gnome-screensaver depends on libsystemd0 directly as well as on
> gnome-session-bin which also depends on libsystemd0
>
> Are you volunteering to repackage them?
>
> With regards to packaging core gnome packages, I have a current issue
> with tracking all the from debian in our preferred git workflow because
> it uses subversion for just the /debian folder of each package.
>
> This means importing to git in a way that we are able to track both the
> upstream source and debians vcs is hard. I have almost sorted the plan
> for doing that so we can have a good process that will be easier to work
> with in the long term and we will retain at our fingertips the full
> development history from both upstream and debian.
>

> regards,
>     Daniel

The link Adam provided to the debian bug report discussion indicates
debian is moving to deal with the nag screen issue.

As for the hard-coded debian URL, I have another idea that's a kludge,
but it'll probably work, and its real simple: place a default version of
'.xscreensaver' in /etc/skel. Let me stress though that I haven't looked
at the package's MAKEFILE, or the current debian 'quilt' entries, and my
sense is that one of those is the culprit.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0