:: [DNG] systemd installed and running…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Boruch Baum
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: [DNG] systemd installed and running in default desktop
Am I the only one who hasn't noticed this yet? What am I missing?

( posted in parallel at:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/sysvinit/issues/14 )

I installed the default devuan desktop package today, using the devuan
installer, and on my first boot, instead of using the graphical
installer, I proceeded to C-M-F1 for a command-line login. Upon logging
in, I received a message:

    error message: systemd-logind[3096]: failed to start user service:
unknown unit: user@???

When I later escalated to su, I received a similar error message.

    ps -aux | grep systemd
        shows a root process for /lib/systemd/systemd-logind

The same command on any Manjaro/OpenRC flavor I use yields no systemd
processes whatsoever.

    dpkg -l |grep systemd
        systemd 215-17+deb8u3
        systemd-shim 9-1
        sysv-rc 2.88dsf-59.2+devuan2
        sysvinit-core 2.88dsf-59.2+devuan2
        sysviniit-utils 2.88dsf-59.2+devuan2

Again, comparing with Manjaro/OpenRC, the only package with even a
passing reference to systemd is:

    pacman -Q | grep systemd
        eudev-systemdcompat 228-1

    sources.list
        deb-src http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie main non-free
contrib
        deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
        deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib
non-free
        # jessie-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
        deb http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-updates main
contrib non-free
        deb-src http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-updates main
contrib non-free
        # jessie-backports, previously on backports.debian.org
        deb http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-backports main
contrib non-free
        deb-src http://us.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-backports
main contrib non-free

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0